Monday, August 14, 2006

Baralacha La


The second pass, Baralacha La, goes through baren landscape, and although difficult, I will not remember it much, except that there was a road block due to roadworks that only cyclists could pass - which means me. I was at 18:00 at the top, and it was accordingly cold, so I was happy to run into a tourist tent just couple of kilometeres below. I had wet feet from some fordings and a big pile of blankets that was put on top of me during the night didn't feel too unconfortable. In the middle of the night I was awaken by a feeling of cold water dripping town my neck. I reach for it and got a brief hold of a cold wheezly creature - probably a gecco trying to crawl down my collar.

Day 8: 110 km, 9h 33min. Total 863.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like another planet :)
(Tanja Balkovec)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home